Resetting Firewall2 Solved...
  • From: GrdnWsl <grdnwsl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:05:19 -0500
Thanks for all your answers. I found the best way for my configuration
was to create and runn the shell script in an email that was sent
directly to me... basically it stops the firewall, then runs the 3
startup scripts in order.

#!/bin/sh
/etc/init.d/SuSEfirewall2_setup stop
/etc/init.d/SuSEfirewall2_init start
/etc/init.d/SuSEfirewall2_setup start
/etc/init.d/SuSEfirewall2_final start
# end

This works fine. For some reason some of the other suggestions didn't
re-read /etc/rc.config.d/firewall2.rc.config when I did them. It might
be only my system, or it might be that they aren't meant to do that.
Either way, thanks for the help!

--

Preston Kutzner | IT Manager
Marketing Resources, Inc.

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may
contain personal views which are not the views of
Marketing Resources, Inc. unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from
your system, do not use, copy or disclose the information
in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender
immediately. Please note that Marketing Resources, Inc.
monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication
will signify your consent to this.

  • No further messages