Re: [suse-security] VPN with pptp
  • From: Steffen Dettmer <steffen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 18:44:44 +0200
* Mark Wassermann wrote on Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 11:10 +0200:
> to add another view to this
> what if you have a provider that do not route type 50 packets?

If your ISP don't routes IP today, then drop the ISP I would
suggest. Today IP is *the* tranport protocol. Of course there are
still other protocols like X.25 or whatever, but I think this is
a completely different theme. And on X.25, you can put IP on top,
but if you have an X.25 or whatever access, you usually don't
need IP :)

> you have to use cipe!

You mean, you found an ISP, that routes a few but not all IP
protocols?! Hum, I cannot believe that someone would do so?!

oki,

Steffen