Re: [suse-security] Apache update
  • From: Martin Borchert <martin.borchert@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:37:23 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 19. Juni 2002 11:22:11 schrieb Roman Drahtmueller:
> > > There is an issue with apache, corroborated by the apache
> > > guys,
> > > with a story at /.
> > I have some problems evaluating this bug.
> > --http://httpd.apache.org/info/security_bulletin_20020617.txt--
> > So I guess when running apache on some x86-type of processor
> > and linux or bsd as OS, all that can happen is a DOS. Right? If
> > so, how severe is this DOS?
> Our (Olafs) current analysis shows that the bug is not
> exploitable on 32 bit linux platforms in the sense that you can
> execute code. There is only a DoS.

Thank you for the quick answer.

> However, since we don't want to risk to be wrong, we take this
> very seriously. All packages have been built already and are
> waiting for publishing, but testing them takes some minutes,
> still.

And thank you for the great work

> We have some heat problems here in Nürnberg, causing us to use
> more time.

I'm feeling with you. Heat problems seem to spread over whole
Germany.
Situation in Rostock: 34° in the office (glass front from south-east
to west), still rising.

Martin Borchert

- --
when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
pgp-key: via wwwkeys.de.pgp.net, key id is 0x21eec9b0