OpenSSH 3.0.2p1
Hi,

I'm running SuSE 8.0, with OpenSSH 3.0.2p1-108.

This morning, I did a Nessus scan on one of my boxen at home, which
reported that this version is vulnerable to the off-by-one hole.

I checked the Security Announcement about this (SuSE-SA:2002:009), but
this predates 8.0, and refers to fixed versions of 2.9.9.

Is the package of 3.0.2p2 in 8.0 patched to fix this hole as well, thus
rendering that aspect of my Nessus report a red herring? If not, is
there an update in the works?

Cheers

James
--
James Ogley, Unix Systems Administrator, Pinnacle Insurance Plc
james.ogley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.pinnacle.co.uk +44 (0) 20 8731 3619

CONFIDENTIALITY.This e-mail and any attachments are
confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any
purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
be the views of Pinnacle Insurance plc.

If you have received this email in error please immediately
notify the Pinnacle Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 8207 9555.

www.mimesweeper.com