RE: [suse-security] RFC: Network Setup
  • From: "Stefan Nauber" <nauber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:23:28 +0100
Hello Tobias,

thanks for your replay. You advised me of not connecting the administrative
network to the normal LAN. I understand that there is a security risk but
this was, what I actually wanted to do. The idea was, that I wanted to
administer the computers from my desktop without interference with the
productive traffic.

> You achieve even more security by employing point-to-point
> links between the
> DMZ machines and the those in the management network. Since
> this becomes
> impractical quickly if performed based on physical
> distinction, I often
> recommend the use of end-to-end IPSec within the management network.

Sorry, but I can't understand this. What do you mean with it?

Greetings,
Stefan