Re: [suse-security] Directory listing....
  • From: Christopher Mahmood <ckm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:01:55 -0800
Please don't crosspost between our lists, it's not very polite.

* Mike Garabedian (mikejr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [020205 10:33]:
> ...I did a test of my network and found a few linux holes...can someone tell
> me how to find out about shutting off directory listings, because the test
> said my scripts directory is showing.

I assume you are talking about httpd scripts? Make the directory
executable by the apache user but not readable and check Indexes
directive for scripts directory..it should be -Indexes.

> And I am having trouble with relaying with qmail...I want it off totally, I
> just want people to get their pop3 mail and logoff.

List who is allowed to relay in /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts. If
it's empty, no one can relay.

--

-ckm