Re: [suse-security] sendmail
  • From: Boris Lorenz <bolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 18:05:04 +0100
Yuppa,

if you are *really* sure that it would be a good idea to allow
uncontrolled relaying over your mail server, remove the access.db
FEATURE from your sendmail's .mc-file, put in the evil
FEATURE('promiscuous_relay') and create a new sendmail.cf with m4. But
keep in mind that this might create a spammer's-best-friend mail hub if
this machine happens to be an internet mailer...

Alternatively, if you want to keep your access.db FEATURE (which is a
good idea) and want to selectively allow/deny relaying, you should use a
line like

<ip-address or domain name> RELAY

e.g.:

194.120.10 RELAY
210.94 RELAY
friendly.com RELAY

spammer.com 550 We don't like spammers, get lost

Make sure you use <tabs> between the entries on the left and the keyword
on the right, and don't forget to makemap your access.db afterwards
(makemap -d hash access < access).

sendmail.org features some nice docs about relaying. For instance, try
this:

http://www.sendmail.org/tips/relaying.html

Roger Rossell wrote:

> how do I grant everyone send mail anywhere?
> i've tried /etc/mail/access 0.0.0.0 RELAY.. but it doesn't work

Boris <bolo@xxxxxxx>
---