Re: [suse-security] CERT snmp advisory and SuSE
  • From: Roman Drahtmueller <draht@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:28:54 +0100 (MET)
> Hi
>
> Can someone from SuSE confirm if SuSE package ucdsnmp is also
> vulnerable for the vulnerabilities listed on this advisory. I could not
> find SuSE name on the list but that is another issue.

The SuSE ucdsnmp package is vulnerable, too. If you use it, then please
disable the server until you have installed the update packages. These
packages are in the making and will be available shortly, along with an
announcement.

SuSE will show up on CERT advisories as well in the future.

> Thanks in advance
>
> CERT Advisory CA-2002-03: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Many
> Implementations of the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)

Thanks,
Roman.
--
- -