Re: [suse-security] Request to SuSE
  • From: "Erwin Zierler - stubainet.at" <erwin.zierler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 21:53:54 +0100
Hi list,

I am administering ~25 machines running SuSE and most of them are
connected to the internet in one way or the other. Peter's suggestions
makes alot of sense to me - wading through several security mailinglists
every morning slowly becomes a full time job (and I can't spend that
much time just on security issues).
Anyway, I like the idea of a suse-security-announce-pending mailinglist.
I am aware of the fact that this means extra work to someone at SuSE
but at least you guys have a bigger team than me ;-) I am convinced
that such a list will make life for many customers easier.

Peter Nixon wrote:

Hi Guys.

> I would like to bounce an idea off the list which I think would be of
> value. I propose that SuSE setup a suse-security-announce-pending
> mailing list where SuSE would officially notify of Pending problems in
> SuSE packages. Like most of you I recieve alot of email every day,
> (Bugtraq, CERT, SuSE-Security, SAGE-AU, SLUG, and a dozen other
> application specific mailing lists, plus of course my normal work and
> personal correspondence).

[....rest deleted .....]

> Any comments?

Yes, I like the idea and I hope others will comment on it too ;-)

Erwin

--
Erwin Zierler | web- / host- / postmaster - stubainet.at