Re: [suse-security] openssh
  • From: engelbert.gruber@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:06:51 +0100 (CET)
On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Ralf Schoenian wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have tried to install a new openssh version on a SuSE Linux 6.4 The rpm
> expected the glibc 2.2 so I have installed this too. Now I am in trouble. A
> friend told me, that the server will not reboot. Is that true? Does anyone
> have an idea what I can do?
not absolutely.
i did the same BUT i have the server at my side and i replaced
all (or most) of the base packages (that is series a) and there
lies another dog :-) the packages nkita and nkitb are split
up on newer suses for example telnet is now in telnet and telnet-server
ESPECIALLY inetd is in a separate package.

summing up: it should work check closely for base packages
(maybe replace the kernel) and check for needed and running
servers: as long as you donot reboot the running servers
will serve although no longer installed.

--
BINGO: conveniently integrate economically sound technology
--- Engelbert Gruber ----=~

A6410 Telfs Untermarkt 9
Tel. ++43-5262-64727 ----=~