Re: [suse-security] VPN without fixed IP
  • From: Steffen Dettmer <steffen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 08:28:56 +0100
* R. Ullenboom wrote on Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 18:43 +0100:
> I'm trying to build-up a VPN-Entrance over our Linux-Router (Kernel 2.4.4).
> Some Road-Warriors of our Company should get the ability to get access to
> our NT-Server with a Sysbase-DB.

With IPSec or what VPN?

> First of all I have to learn something about its (VPN) functions:
> What about DSL-VPN?

with freeswan (ipsec), it works.

> Is there any chance to create a VPN without a Server-Side fixed
> IP-Adress?

You need a static IP at least on one side of course (otherwise,
no machine whould know how to connect the other).

> Which Documentation of VPN-Knowledge do you perfer?

I think the freeswan.org documentation is quite useful and nice.
Others and me wrote some mails about TDSL and FreeS/WAN that
should be available in the mail archives there.

Your configuration sounds important. If this is true, I would
suggest to not use TDSL but a leased line with static IPs, since
it's more reliable.

oki,

Steffen