SuSEfirewall2 and adsl pptp connection
  • From: Alberto Cordone <acordone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 22:03:58 +0100 (CET)

Dear friends,

I have a problem with the configuration of SuSEfirewall2 on my server with
SuSE 7.3.

The scenario:

Internal Lan (192.168.1.1)eth1

- ---------------------------
SuSE server
FW2
___________________________
10.0.0.1 eth0 |
| |ppp0 (with fixed ip)

| |
10.0.0.138 |
- ------------------------ |
Alcatel Speed Touch |
________________________ |

| Tiscali ISP

Could you show me a correct configuration with FW2.
I tried with my old configuration but I hadn't luck.
I read all the documentation and the discussions's groups but I haven't
understood the problem with tuneling (pptp) between eth0 and SpeedTouch.
Perhaps I have to put 10.0.0.138/32 in FW_TRUSTED_NETS ?

My apologies if the scenario isn't so beautiful.

Best regards

- -... -.-- . -... -.-- .
Alberto Cordone
Cascina Triulzina, 4