Re: [suse-security] kernel panic under high load
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:33:10 -0900
On Thursday 03 January 2002 02:29 am, Christoph Egger wrote:
> On Thursday, 3. January 2002 11:27, jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > (Interested, because I've just installed two such server in the last
> > two weeks and have seen no panics even when dumping tons
> > of data onto the servers drives thru samba).
>
> Which kernel do you run? Do you use the SuSE Kernel coming with SuSE 7.3?
> Which version of Samba do you use?

jsa@pen:~> uname -a
Linux pen 2.4.10-64GB-SMP #1 SMP Fri Sep 28 17:26:36 GMT 2001 i686
jsa@pen:~> /usr/sbin/smbd -V
Version 2.2.1a

I'm dumping tons of data from Netware servers on these machines
thru samba as opposed to ncpmount so that the permissions imposed
by sam.conf will be set up correctly. Loading it as fast at the 100meg
ethernet will take it. I've been waiting for it to break, but so far so good.

--
John Andersen / Juneau Alaska

< Previous Next >