Re: [suse-security] FTP
  • From: Martin Leweling <lewelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 16:55:29 +0100
Hi,

On Friday 04 January 2002 15:42, Mike H. wrote:
> I assume that, as a part of the security, FTPD writes all files as 740
> permissions. How do I change the umask for FTP? The .profile umask is set
> to 022 but has no effect. I want to do this without messing up any
> security that is being provided.

You can set permissions with your ftp client on a session-by-session basis
with the following command (at the ftp prompt):

site umask 022

All following transmissions during your ftp session will then have the
correct permissions. Many Win-clients also allow this command to be
issued.

> Thanks
>
> Mike

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin Leweling
Institut fuer Planetologie, WWU Muenster