Re: [suse-security] Attack or not? or better: Reiserfs
  • From: Huge Rademaker <cert-security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:42:02 +0100
Dear all,

Having read the discussion on reiserfs, I felt I had to contribute.

I ran SuSE 7.1 and now I am using 7.3. On both systems I had reiserfs
*without* the mentioned trouble! And I still haven't (keep my fingers crossed
after reading all the trouble....) But...
The boot partition is ext2!!! And that's on purpose, for a friend of mine
indicated that having your boot partition on reiserfs is asking for trouble
(which is his experience).

I don't know the details and I am not sure he has any details. Maybe he just
learned using trial & error.....

all the best,

Huge