AW: Re: AW: AW: [suse-security] Lan
  • From: BLeonhardt@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:54:46 +0100

Hi,

are you using a firewall or router , and this machines are in another
network-segment ?
just try an restart samba ( ./etc/rc.d/smb restart ) - any error-messages ?
did you configure the right domain / workgroub in /etc/smb.conf ?

Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Bruno Leonhardt

CLP Domino R5 Systemadministrator
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AnalyTek Systemhaus
Hospitalstr. 2a

D-65589 Hadamar

Tel.: 06433/81403-15
Fax : 06433/81403-40

L I N U X - World's best operating system ... !

Ralf Koch
<info@formel4 An: "'suse-security@xxxxxxxx'" <suse-security@xxxxxxxx>
.de> Kopie:
Thema: Re: AW: AW: [suse-security] Lan
08.01.02
14:31

I think the problem is not how to start SWAT, it's more how to make SWAT
doing what you want. For in-depth configuration of special needs you have
to manually configure samba (and other proggies too).
That's the fun of not having a simple "point and click" system w/o the
possibility to control every single item....

Just my 2 cent (Euro - Cent!)

Ralf

>> Of course you are right. There is a tool named SWAT for administering
>Samba.
>> But I couldn't get it to work as I want it to. Maybe I'm just too silly
>
>that's simple - just add
> swat stream tcp nowait.400 root /usr/sbin/swat swat
>to your /etc/inetd.conf and start/restart inetd et voila, connect to
>http://sambaserver:901/, log in as root and have fun :-)
>
>There is a way to run SWAT via an encrypted tunnel
>(https://sambaserver:901).
>In order to install SWAT with SSL-support have a look at
>http://at.samba.org/samba/docs/swat_ssl.html
>
>> *sigh* or I didn't spend enough time for it, but I'm used to "hack"
>smb.conf
>> and I know exactly what I get for what I type in. But for beginners, of
>> course SWAT may be interesting.

*
* Ralf 'coko' Koch
* mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxx
*
---
Gute Nachricht: Windows 2000 ist 100% kompatibel. Die weltweit besten
Forscher suchen nur noch, womit.