starnge behaviour after power-break
  • From: "OKDesign oHG Security Administrator" <security@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:56:06 +0100
Hi folks,

I recently had a power-break (my USP was in maintenance this day and
whupps - there was a breakdown *grmbl*) and now my linux-system behaves
really strange.
It seems as everything is working fine (I couldn't find any service not
running correctly) but at bootup and nearly every time I enter a command, I
get this message "#o: command not found". Bootup looks really nice *sigh* I
get lots of lines more that normal and every line looks like "<name of
script>#0: command not found". I guess some parser or system-procedure was
modified with this "#0" but couldn't find out which one.
I already replaced nearly every packet with the one from the CD (via
YaST - - Installation - Replace with the original one from CD) but without
effort.
Does someone has an idea what to do ? I don't want to install from the crab
as I already made lots of configurations and changes in the system and,
whats more, this server runs samba and the data samba provides is used the
whole day.
Any way to prevent complete reinstallation ?

thx.
Stephan