Re: [suse-security] Strange Behaviour of SuSEfirewall
  • From: engelbert.gruber@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:11:15 +0100 (CET)
On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Albert Brandl wrote:

> I've just stumbled across a rather strange thing. When starting up
> SuSEfirewall (version 1 or two), the script most of the time complains
> that "eth0 is not active". When I had a look at the script, I saw that it
> tries to find the ip address by calling ifconfig and digesting the output
> via sed and awk.
>
> The problem: awk searches for "inet addr:", but ifconfig returns "inet
> Adresse:". It seems that SuSEfirewall relies on a english version of
> ifconfig.
>
> Is there any easy workaround besides patching the script? I'm not quite
> sure if my knowledge of shell scripts would suffice to patch the thing by
> myself... ;-)

if possible use SuSEfirewall5.1 it does it or else
get it look at the lines setting LANG and copy these
lines over

or donot let root take care of LANG settings there is a pc.sonfig entry for
this.

--
BINGO: This left unindentionally unblank
--- Engelbert Gruber ----=~

A6410 Telfs Untermarkt 9
Tel. ++43-5262-64727 ----=~