FW: [suse-security] optimal kernel config for firewall gateway ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Schmidt
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 11:16 AM
To: 'Torsten Mueller'
Subject: RE: [suse-security] optimal kernel config for firewall gateway
?

It´s true, that you can use a 486 for Firewall, but a prefer to a P-II or AMD K6-2 as minium requieremnt for 1 Mbit. The problem ist not the traffic, but the syslog. We have serveral costumers, who are connected with 2 mbit. If someone portscan your system or tries an dos-attack, increased your system load dramaticly and the traffic stops :(