Re[2]: [suse-security] MySQL cluster
  • From: Ralf Koch <info@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:18:08 +0100
Hi Carlos,

I'm looking only for an "online" redundancy - the only way not to loose
information if one of the systems goes down. I'm not good in programming
- scripting is the highest level I'm able of - so I need a some more
hints how to build a working wrapper for this. Any idea?

Thx,

Ralf

>On Tuesday 15 January 2002 09:47, you wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> working with a MySQL-Database (or s.th. similar) gives you always a
>> single point of failure. Does anyone of you know a solution how to keep
>> e.g. 2 MySQL datbases in sync all the time, so if one of them fails, no
>> user of the db has to care of his data?
>>
>> Thanks for any hint to solve this.
>>
>> Ralf
>>
>> *
>
>Hi,
>the only way to have an "online" redundancy of data is trhough a
>wrapper. It may be provided for the guys of MySQL (i don't know if they
>have something like that) or you. The wrapper will listen transactions
>and then assign each transactions to both servers, so they can process
>and record it. Note that this kind of thing is very similar to
>journaling filesystems or raid (with obviuos diferences).
>
>The other form (not "online") is to keep the db files on rsync or cvs or
>such a thing and let them to take care of the data syncronization.
>Obviuosly there is still a chance to get a loss of data or data offset
>between databases.
>
>Bye
>

>--
>Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara

*
* Ralf 'coko' Koch
* mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxx
*
---
Hiroshima 45, Tchernobyl 86, Windows 2000

< Previous Next >