Re: [Users] Building a VPN with FreeS/WAN, SuSEfirewall2 andSSH Sentinel
  • From: Nadeem Hasan <nhasan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:31:01 -0500

"Argentium G. Tiger" wrote:

> I'm working through Nadeem's document now and may have found a slight
> glitch in the patching of the _updown_custom script, so you might want
> to hang on just a couple of days...

I have fixed the problem with the patch. It should now apply cleanly.

> But I will agree: Overall, this document of Nadeem's is wonderfully written
> and looks like it will address a lot of the problems that I've had in
> getting SuSE 7.3, SuSEfirewall2, and IPSEC to work hand in hand.

Thanks.

> Nadeem: Perhaps just include the entire _updown_custom script rather than
> including a patch to a document located elsewhere in the world? Thanks
> again for all the work, you've brought me closer to my goal! :-)

My reason for including just the patch was to highlight the amount and
nature of change needed to the default script. Anyway, I have now added
a download link to the patched _updown_custom script.

I would really like to hear about the success/failure reports if you
decide to give it a try.

Cheers,
--
Nadeem Hasan