Re: [suse-security] SuSEfirewall2 & mysql
  • From: dirk janssen <dirkj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:15:24 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 efbiei@xxxxxx wrote (in German):

> Obwohl ich den Port 3306 nicht als EXTERNAL TCP definiert habe, ist dieser
> Port vom mysqld offen laut nmap. Und das seit der mysqld läuft.
> Wie kann das sein ?

S/He meant:
= I haven't defined my mysql port (3306) as EXTERNAL TCP, but nmap still
= reports the port is open. What can be the problem?

> FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP="ssh smtp www pop3 https domain"

This list is in English only!

I have no clue, but are you sure that the firewall is working ok (other
ports are blocked?) and that you are not nmapping from a 'friendly'
domain?

What does nmap say, some of its diagnostics are confusing. Can you
actually contact the mysql port?? Otherwise there is no problem, try it
with the mysql client.

Dirk