Security issues...
  • From: Mike Garabedian <mikejr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:11:42 -0500
... I am building a box for a firm that wants IMAP, POP3, Apache,
SQwebmail, VPN. I am working on the documentation and setting up the
components. Are there any hints and ideas you gurus may have that may
point me in a good direction so that I may build this correctly.
Security is a big concern. I would like to shut down everything that is
not needed, and maybe use a piece of software to make the rules for
which ports are allowed and whatnot. I am a newbie to this and have
learned quite a bit up until now, but am entering unfamiliar territory.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

  • No further messages