apache under inetd/tcpd: it's dead, isn't it?
Not looking for a list of reasons why this isn't a good idea, just simply:
is anybody out there successfully running apache httpd 1.3.12 or later
under SuSE linux 6.4 or later inetd/tcdp?

Being a troglodyte, I had to try it; I couldn't get it to work (nobody home
on port 80), and didn't spot anything in various logs. The things I set
were:

/etc/rc.config:
START_HTTPD=no

httpd.config:
ServerType inetd

/etc/inetd.conf:
httpd stream tcp nowait root <path to tcpd>
(continued line) <path to apache> -f <path to httpd.conf>
(continued line) <standard modules>

(I also tried wwwrun instead of user root, and without tcpd.)

Oh well, on to more productive things.

--

Fred Morris
m3047@xxxxxxxx