Re: [hangout] OPENSSH trouble
  • From: Ruben Safir <ruben@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 20:32:37 -0500
OK

Problem fixed.

It's 2.9 going to 2.3

I needed to create the proper authorized_keys2 with proper permissions
on the server AND I needed to recreate proper ./id_dsa.pub and ./id_rsa.pub files
on the the client and include them, especially the DSA, into the server
authorized_keys2.

Of course, all fo this is well documented.

I needed to walk through Dejanews to put all the peices together.

That's why sysadmins get the big bucks...

Now the problem is that SUSe doesn't have a openssh 3.0 RPM

The source RPM on openssh.org's sites seems, to my eyes, to be asking for Redhat specific RPM dependencies.

Should I just roll my own with openssl and openssh?

Ruben

--

Brooklyn Linux Solutions
http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Consulting