Tripwire setup confusion
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:10:48 +0200
Hi,

I am in the process of using tripwire before I put the machine on the
net. Iam following Marc's article on securing websserver which is at the
SuSE website. However couple of things are not clear. This is on SuSE 7.3.

So what is the actual thing

rpm -q tripwire
tripwire-1.2-357

According to rpm -qi Location of the binary is /var/adm/tripwire/bin/tripwire.
Tripwire wants its configuration files /var/adm/tripwire/tw.config
The database has to be saved at /var/adm/tripwire/db

when I do rpm -ql tripwire
/usr/sbin/tripwire ...
/usr/share/lib/tripwire/db

So do I create the /var/adm/tripwire directory and it's contents or ?

--
Togan Muftuoglu
  • No further messages