Re: [suse-security] timbuktu & SuSEfirewall2
  • From: "Olivier M." <qmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 02:07:21 +0100
On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 02:06:37AM +0100, Thomas Michael Wanka wrote:
> On 30 Jan 2002 at 1:41, Olivier M. wrote:
> > I have a SuSEfirewall2 running for a small subnet with
> > masquerading. Everything is fine, but now somebody in
> > intranet would like to access a Timbuktu-based server (it's pc-anywhere
> > like)
> > outside, and it doesn't work... I guess it would probably
> > need another ip_masq module ? Or what do you think?
>
> IIRC timbuktu is a very fragile software to connect Macs to Windows. I can only
> recommend to update MacOS! The TCP/IP Stacks in older versions are kind of

thx... but it's running under w2k (not my server)

> "strange". I expect it to be a pain to route the traffic through a Linux
> router.

well, but it is possible? I don't care if the traffic will be high,
the linux router has nothing else to do... :)

Olivier

Olivier Mueller - om@xxxxxxx - PGPkeyID: 0E84D2EA - Switzerland
qmail projects: http://omail.omnis.ch - http://webmail.omnis.ch

< Previous Next >