Re: [suse-security] Offtopic (maybe): Proposal for school network
  • From: Bjoern Engels <bengels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:42:58 +0100
On Tuesday, 4. December 2001 16:24, Christoph Pernsteiner wrote:

> http://www.festlinfo.at/schoolnetwork.jpg. Would somebody be so kind
> and make comments on it or critisize it because I want to improve it.

I would never place a domain controller into the DMZ - the DMZ is used
to allow the Internet acess to it, you do not wan't to allow Internet clients
to log on to your Domain controller, do you ?
The best solution for the external firewall would be _only_ a packetfilter,
no services running (in my opinion). You can place the Proxy in the LAN or
the DMZ.

> Christoph Pernsteiner

Björn

< Previous Next >