Re: [suse-security] Dot Snapshot
  • From: JW <jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 21:34:30 -0600
This would have been beter placed on the suse-linux-e list, I belive.

Anyway, I use this script which I named "trash.sh"

#!/bin/bash
/bin/mkdir -p ~/trashbin
/bin/mv "$@"" ~/trashbin/

It could probably be easily modified to get the cwd and stuff the file in $cwd/.trash instead of ~/trashbin.

then if you _really_ want to be safe you can stick this alias in ~/.alias:

alias rm='/usr/local/bin/trash.sh'

Users could still us rm by calling it directly: /bin/rm

And to empty the trashcan:

suse3:~ > cat /usr/local/bin/emptytrash.sh
#!/bin/bash
/bin/rm -rf ~/trashbin/*

You could maybe make "purge" a script that got your UID (sounds like an awk job), then used your UID with 'find' to find everything you owned inside any folder named .trashbin and /bin/rm it.

Sounds fun, maybe I'll hack on it later. If someone else beats me to it please post the results to suse-linux-e.

HTH