RE: [suse-security] proxy-arp problems ...
  • From: "Reckhard, Tobias" <tobias.reckhard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 13:20:46 +0100
> What kind of overhead is their in doing this? Are there any
> pitfalls? Like in
> NT the first IP becomes the primary...

UNIX systems have a primary IP as well, but that shouldn't matter in your
case, since your DNATing the specific addresses in question and I must hope
that the netfilter code reverse NATs the return traffic to the correct IP
address (and not the boxes primary). As such, I can't think of any pitfalls
right now. Which does *not* mean there are none. And in any case, I don't
particularly like that kind of a setup, but you know that already. :-)

Nice weekend, y'all
Tobias
< Previous Next >