Open Ports
  • From: "andre@do" <andre@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 17:15:21 +0200
hi all,
a while ago i posted a question on closing port
6000 and 31785. a kind person mailed me off list
with the correct answer.
Before you flame me for an issue thats been
covered on this list note that the addition
of -nolisten tcp to the Xservers file
(as Roman suggested a while ago) doesn't
work on my installation.
Anyway I snarfed my box with something I was
playing with and require the exact same advice
the kind person gave me a few weeks ago to close
these two ports.
(commenting out the last three lines of some
X file ?)
It might also be a good idea to post it to the
list as I have already received three people
mailing me off list asking if I had found a
solution and then this can go in the archives
in case I or someone else needs it again...

tia

andre