Re: [suse-security] DNS
  • From: Ralf Ronneburger <ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:58:55 +0100
Hi,

naturally you want to put the DNS on a standalone machine behind the firewall, in the DMZ! Or how do you want to protect it?! Forward Requests on port 53 from the outside (if you want to allow them!) from firewall to dns.

Best regards,

Ralf

sigismund wrote:

i would like to manage my own DNS. Security is an important aspect on this
network. My question is: Where should i put this service ? should i put the
DNS on the firewall or it's better if i choose a standalone machine directly
connected with the the internet ? Which security problems will i found with
solution ?

Internet
¦ ¦ ¦
¦ DNS1 DNS2