Re: [suse-security] WindowsXP contact it's home ?!
  • From: "Erwin Zierler - stubainet.at" <erwin.zierler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 08:16:22 +0100
Hi,
nice or not, I rather decide myself when my machiens contanct what
service. And if somene else makes these kind of decisions for me
I prefer being at least asked if it is OK.
One problem with Mircrosoft is that they 'assume' the user doesn't
want/need to know about such things like a time service - I disagre
strongly.

Erwin

---
Eric Brown wrote:

Geez, the paranoia here is *rampant*. It's a fricking NTP service. Put
something else in there, if you want. I have my XP machines set to contact
my Linux machine.

Personally, I think that Microsoft is being incredibly nice by providing an
NTP server that can withstand several million service requests per hour.

[....]
--
Erwin Zierler | web- / host- / postmaster - stubainet.at