RE: [suse-security] WindowsXP contact it's home ?!
  • From: Rick Green <rtg@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 01:29:37 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Eric Brown wrote:

> I sync up just fine with clepsydra.dec.com; that's because I specifically
> pass that host/port combo through my firewall.

Just for jollies, I 'syncd' my linux box to time.windows.com. It talked a
protocol acceptable to ntpdate, but it skewed my clock 193 seconds back!

I immediately re-sync'd with my normal servers.

So it appears that when Microsoft actually talks the same language as the
rest of the world, they lie to you!

--
Rick Green

-Benjamin Franklin