Re: [suse-security] problems after running harden_suse
  • From: Markus Kohli <kohli@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:17:46 +0100
Am Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2001 16.00 schrieben Sie:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using SuSE Linux 7.2. After I run 'harden_suse' a remote login via ssh
> (openssh) isn't working anymore.

harden_suse turns off for example ssh-login of root.
Can't help you any more with that one, but...

> Also I'm using Samba to access a network printer, which is connected to a
> W2k machine. Samba is still running and didn't changed anything in Samba.
> Before using 'harden_suse' printing was possible, but now it doesn't work
> either.

My bet is you're using cups. Make an "nmap -sT localhost" and you won't find
port 631 listening, because cups is not started.
Go to /etc/rc.config and change START_CUPS to "YES".

Good luck!

Markus

--
Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by a .sig .