Re: [suse-security] Classical DOS attack on Linux
  • From: "Daniel T. Chen" <chenda@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 03:48:45 -0500 (EST)
That depends on what you're comfortable with as an administrator. For my
quick test I chose a max of 100 open fds, 5 cpu seconds, and 100 user
processes (/bin/zsh). I was able to successfully `killall test` as well.

You will need to estimate what your users might need and adjust them
accordingly.

---
Dan Chen crimsun@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
GPG key: www.unc.edu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc