iptables + virtuell hosts
  • From: brina30@xxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:05:41 +0100 (MET)
Hi list,

does anybody know, if it is possible to make ip-tables rules with virtuell
hosts?
I'm not sure, but think I have read it ist not possible.
Otherwise, is it possible to konfigure eth0 with 3 different IP?

My problem is. that I have a firewall with iptables and 2 networkinterface.
On is routing intern and the other is the outside interface.
For the outside interface I have 3 static IP, because I want to map them to
a smtp-server and a webserver.

So I would appreciate it very much, if somebody could give me a hint, how to
handle,
with virtuell hosts or with 3 IP for eth0.
Maybe I am on the wrong way. Thank your for answering

Bye Brina

http://www.gmx.net