Re: [suse-security] SuSEfirewall 2.1 and NetMeeting 3.01
  • From: michael.ryan@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:01:41 +0100

Hi Torsten,

tnx for the reply but I'm still having no success :(

ns1:/ # /usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -l
prot localaddr rediraddr lport rport pcnt
pref
TCP ns1.storm.ie viking2.storm.ie ldap ldap 7
10
TCP ns1.storm.ie viking2.storm.ie ulp ulp 7
10
TCP ns1.storm.ie viking2.storm.ie msiccp msiccp 10
10
TCP ns1.storm.ie viking2.storm.ie imtc-mcs imtc-mcs 7
10
TCP ns1.storm.ie viking2.storm.ie h323hostcall h323hostcall
10 10

I have tried connecting to ns1.storm.ie from outside using NetMeeting 3.01
but it immediately returns 'The other party did not accept your call'. I
have also tried this with SuSEfirewall down - made no difference.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

MR

Torsten
Mueller To: michael.ryan@xxxxxxxx
<torsten@arch cc: suse-security@xxxxxxxx
esoft.de> Subject: Re: [suse-security] SuSEfirewall 2.1 and NetMeeting 3.01

06/29/2001
10:53 PM

Hey Michael,

i use a isdn dialup line to connect to the internet.

I changed the /etc/ip-up script and added the portforwarding
for netmeeting
(and icq).

This is the netmeeting part:

#netmeeting anrufe von draussen
/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -f
/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $LOCALIP 1720 -R
192.168.100.5 1720
/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $LOCALIP -R
192.168.100.5 1503
echo "setze portforwarding fuer netmeeting eingehende
anrufe"

The problem with this config is, that you can only use 1
host in the intranet to
receive the netmeeting calls from outside the lan.

Another solution would be to use a gatekeeper, but i havn't
tested this.

Hope this helps.

Greetings Torsten