From: marc@xxxxxxx [mailto:marc@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2001 2:10 PM
To: suse-security@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [suse-security] SuSEfirewall2 v1.3 (security fix update)

Hi folks,

After a very long testing time version 1.3 is now available, and the first
official rpm will be availabel as well during next week!

you can find the newest version at www.suse.de/~marc/suse or wait for the
official rpm release.

For everyone using older versions: you should update if you are using the
FW_AUTOPROTECT_GLOBAL_SERVICES feature, because I made a mistake which would
not block access to autoprotect ports from external - and this might result
in a security problem

v1.3 14.07.01 FINAL -> FIRST OFFICIAL RELEASE
* Fixed a bug in autoprotecting ports to externals (thanks to
sielaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and D.Markwardt@xxxxxxxx)
* Added special log message if internals try to access the external
IPs of the firewall
* Added missing /sbin/rcSuSEfirewall2 link (thanks to
wolfgang.hoefler@xxxxxx)

Greets,
Marc
--