Re: [suse-security] Should I be worried about the CodeRed Worm?
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:39:45 +0200 (CEST)
> I'm hearing more noises that the Code Red Worm is becoming a serious
> problem.
yeah, for M$ losers ;-)
> Although they only mention Microsoft Windows 2000 and IIS webserver, I
> can't find any clearance/danger notes for other webservers running on
> systems different from Microsoft. Can someone verify that this worm has no
> effect on Apache 2.3.20 running on S.u.S.E. 7.2 with Kernel 2.4.4?
You mean Apache 1.3.20?
There is no known problem with Apache, at there will never (ok, never say
never, but ...) be the same problem on two totally different webservers
like Apache and IIS.

hth
Markus
--
Markus Gaugusch ICQ 11374583 \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign

< Previous Next >