Re: [suse-security] Antwort: [suse-security] Should I be worried about t
  • From: "BarkerJr" <barkerjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 07:11:34 -0400
> Hi,
> last night I received the same eMail with attchement named
> healthnetcoveragelist.xls.lnk
>
> .pif and .lnk extensions will never show in windows, unless you make a registry
> hack like AlwaysShowExt = ""
>
> The complete mail with base64 coded is 206 KB size, pretty much for a virus !
> Did anybody check out what this thingy does ??

And don't forget extension .url (can it do damage?).

That attachment would be SirCam. Kindly reply to the sender and give them this handy fix
from Norton:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.worm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I recieved a 900KB zip file a few days. 200KB is small on this virus'es scale.

-BarkerJr