Local login broken, help!
  • From: Dave Emory <dlemory@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 08:36:12
I need some guidance to fix a self inflicted problem here. I'm using SuSE 6.1 on a machine that
is my firewall between the adsl modem and LAN. It has the 2.2.14 kernel update, but no lx_suse
for that kernel.

While trying to update or install enough packages to be able to compile a new kernel, I somehow
broke login from the local console (tty). I can, however log in using ssh from other machines on
the LAN. When I try to login on the local console, I get the message "Login incorrect".

Any insites?

Regards,
Dave Emory