Re: [suse-security] kernel 2.4: ipchains and ip_masq_ftp
  • From: Stefan_Walther@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:56:07 +0200

Hi,

I meant some features of the 2.2.x -kernels. I tried to set up a firewall
with ipchains and the firewall-introduction from
www2.little-idiot.de/firewall.
A recognized, that a RedHat kernel have more features enabled that were
necessary for building up a firewall with ipchains. That's what I mean.

MfG.

Stefan Walther
stefan_walther@xxxxxxxxxxxx
dienst.: +4930/89786448
Funk: +49172/3943961

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 31, Stefan_Walther@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> thats right. But I use a 2.4.7 from kernel.org on my SuSE system. I think
> the patch is applied to this version. I take this kernel, because I
> recognized that some featurs I need are not implemented in the SuSE
> kernels.

What is missing in the SuSE kernels that exists in stock kernels?

We never remove any functionality from Linus' kernels, so I'm very curious
what you're referring to.

> MfG.
>
> Stefan Walther

Hubert Mantel