Re: [suse-security] OT: SuSE 7.1 / FTP-version
  • From: Roman Drahtmueller <draht@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:23:09 +0100 (MET)

> I'm really sorry, since this message is really off topic.
> My question is: when will SuSE-Linux 7.1 be available for FTP-Download ?
> I tried to buy the cds but couldn't get them in the local bookstores. They
> said that SuSE will arrive in approximately 7 days , which is too long for
> me. If you can trust the SuSE-Website then 7.1 should have been available
> since yesterday... but where is it ?

It is correct.

The ftp distribution will be finished (we're busy with it right now, along
with the security updates) by some day next week. We've run into some
silly licensing problems with the updates... :-(

I'll announce it in this forum since the new format of the distribution
has some security implications as compared to the former releases.

> Bye,
> Gunther

Roman.
--