Re: [suse-security] ssh, kernel updates
  • From: Roman Drahtmueller <draht@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:57:35 +0100 (MET)

> I'm still missing the Announcement here for:
>
> - SSH Updates for the CERT Advisories dated 09-12 Feb 2001

Due to a communication problem we ran into a licensing problem (the ssh
versions after 1.2.27 have an entirely different license which is not
acceptable for a Linux distribution). I'll have the patches applied myself
if the usual way doesn't work out until 1600.

> - Kernel-Updates for the ptrace() and sysctl() Bug-Announcements

The fix for the ptrace() race was incomplete. It is non-trivial to handle.
Be sure we're working on it.

-

> Joerg Henner.

Roman.