Re: [suse-security] ssh, kernel updates
  • From: Ralf Koch <info@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 00:44:09 +0100
Ouch. I tested F-Secure on a completely installed system of a second company,
so I never worried about licensing. I totally agree with you that usage of
non-open software is definetly not what I want on my system.

I stated the F-Secure comment just to underline that it IS a stable ssh
solution. We used it for transfering hundreds of Megs with different protocolls
and in contrast to OpenSSH (I believe Version 2.1.anything) there was no crash.

>f-secure ssh is a good idea, I tested it for weeks on a RedHat server as
>stable as ssh even for backups. But as far as I know it doesn't support ssh1.
>Neither daemon nor client.
>
>You might want to read the license, and then make sure your IT budget has
>enough room to buy F-secure's product.
>
>I have an article coming out on this subject, it's ... well, I'll post the url
>once done. Things aren't so happy in happy-land :P.

Happy-land is a nice place to live. If you don't worry about licensing, because
it is not YOUR system you test a product on.....