Re: [suse-security] ssh, kernel updates
  • From: "Kurt Seifried" <listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:08:53 -0700
> > Have you actually READ the license? it's not very free.
>
> Nope,
> but I assume that stetemens from tha author are correct.
> afx

Ok, read the license file that comes with SSH, you should also read the webpage
that Tatu's statements are on:

http://www.ssh.com/about/press/2000/release15082000.html

And my article on Tatu attempting to sue OpenSSH/ScanSSH for trademark
infringement:

http://www.securityportal.com/articles/ssh20010214.html

Assumptions are a bad thing to make. Tatu's statements don't really matter a
damn, oddly enough his statements on use/etc haven't been included in the new
license and as far as I can tell only apply to SSH 2.3 and not 2.4 (current
one). You really should read the fine print.

P.S. there are some security considerations as well, OpenSSH portable 2.5.1 is
out, I highly reccomend installing it.

Kurt Seifried, seifried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Securityportal - your focal point for security on the 'net

< Previous Next >