Re: [suse-security] Firewall/Virusscanner Conclusion
  • From: Rainer Link <link@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:13:50 +0100 (CET)
On Tue, 5 Dec 2000 ralf.vroomen@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> For all the people who don't have it and want it, I got the best, simplest
> and free results from Amavis (www.amavis.org) running on SuSE7 with sendmail
> 8.10.2 (www.sendmail.org). As for virus scanners I found CAI inoculateIT
> (ftp.cai.com/pub/getbbs/) and AVP (http://www.avp.ch/E/dlinux.htm) easy to
> use and FREE (a lot of'm are not free).
Are you sure? AVP/Linux (now Kaspersky Lab Anti Virus) was "free" during
the beta test period. But now it's sold like a regular product, at least
here in Germany and if you order it from avp.ru. Last time I was in
contact with CAI's product manager I was told InouclateIT/Linux is
beta. So, why do you think both are free?

best regards,
Rainer Link
--
Rainer Link | SuSE - The Linux Experts