is it "safe" ?
Hi everybody,

I was asking myself how secure is a system when there are no services
running on it. I have here a Linux-Box which acts as a Masquerading-Gateway.
There a no services running on it, just the Masq-Script as described in the
SuSE Support Database (just the Standard). I haven't worked much with Linux,
but when no services like WWW or SMTP are running it should be nearly safe
or not?

Jan Räther

[?] [!]
newtention technologies gmbh
mailto:jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.newtention.de

-----
panic("Tell me what a watchpoint trap is, and I'll then
deal with such a beast...");
2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/arch/arch/sparc/kernel/traps.c

< Previous Next >