Linux.Conf.Au schedule is ready and it'll rock
  • From: Nix <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 15:30:39 +1100
Hey guys

This is slightly off topic, but then again, slightly On Topic as well.
Please forgive me if I'm wasting 10sec of your day :-)

For all of you Aussies (and other South East Asians) (and anyone else
with a few spare days and too many Frequent Flyer Point to spare) it's
time to scape some money together and get your arse along to this years
Australian Linux Conference.
Please see http://linux.conf.au/ for more details... I was at the last one in
Melbourne (this one is in Sydney Thank God) and it went OFF!!!!
(See http://www.linux.org.au/projects/calu/ for a mirror of the event.)

Anyway, hopefully some of you will be able to make it, as I will be holding
a "Birds of Feather" session on Security. If you have a look at
http://linux.conf.au/papers/ I am second from the bottom :-)

So, _please_ come along, and cheer/jeer and have a great time...

Note: I do/will be running SuSE on my notebook, but will be talking about
general linux/unix security as well as giving the SuSE a quiet plug where
possible... *smirk*

I have attached the latest announcement from the LCA-Announce Mailing
List below FYI.

Cheers
Nix

Hi there once again,

As I (hope by now) most of you are aware of the upcoming Linux Conference
being held in Sydney. It has been a long and difficult road for most
of the organisers.

Attempting to work out a schedule when you have such well know Linux
hackers as: John `maddog' Hall, Alan Cox, David Miller and Rik van Riel.
As well as scheduling some of the up and coming greats: Richard Gooch,
Juan Quintela, Daniel Phillips and Jeff Dike was not easy.

And that was just the kernel hackers!

We have some fantastic talks on distributed contents, clusters and large
system administration. Plus plenty of eye-candy and war-stories from the
front line of new architectures.

A brief reminder:

What: Linux.Conf.Au
Where: Univeristy of New South Wales, Sydney
When: 17th - 20th January 2001
Why: Because hackers and sunlight don't mix!
How: Register using the forms at http://linux.conf.au/register/
Who: Speakers coming to the conference http://linux.conf.au/papers/
Cost: $99, $250 and $540 for students, hobbyists and corporates
$50 late fee applies after December 31st 2000.
Groups of 10 or more get a 10% discount,
further details available upon request.

Hope to see you there,
Anand

--
Linux.Conf.Au -- http://linux.conf.au/
17th - 20th January, -- Alan Cox, David Miller,

  • No further messages